Analyst, Portfolio Management
The Analyst, Portfolio Management, reporting to the Senior Analyst, Portfolio Management, will provide support to the Portfolio Management Team within Canada ICI’s Asset Management Group (AMG) in their administration of Mortgage Investments made by Canada ICI’s broad investor network. The main roles of the position include (i) overseeing the performance of the assets and/or projects securing AMG mortgage investments and (ii) providing best-in-class reporting to AMG Investors on the performance of their mortgage investments. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to establish or expand their foundation in the real estate finance industry.
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of investor-specific and portfolio-wide reporting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual cycle as required.
- Assist the Senior Analyst in the review of interest reserve sufficiency for various construction and bridge loans and responsible for preparing an Interest Reserve Sufficiency reports for the Senior Analysts review and to be distributed to the various stakeholders within the organization.
- Assist Senior Analyst with the completion of annual and periodic review of mortgage facilities held by investors within the Asset Management group, including, but not limited to:
- Review of annual financial and personal net worth statements for loan sponsors (including borrower(s) and/or guarantor(s)).
- Review of property specific reporting, including rent rolls, operating statements, and any further supporting documentation.
- Review of leasing and sales reports
- Preparation of updated underwriting, including completion of up-to-date proforma analysis as applicable.
- Assist the Senior Analyst in the development and on-going preparation of enhanced reporting for AMG investors, including the creation and maintenance of Business Intelligence reporting for both external and internal parties.
- Assist the Senior Analyst with the facilitation of renewals, assumptions and amendments of mortgages held with AMG Investors.
- When required Assist Senior Analyst with annual and/or periodic site inspections of mortgaged properties throughout Canada, producing a report of your findings to be distributed to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide support to Documentation, Funding and Servicing teams within the AMG Group as required.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Secondary Education in a relevant field (eg. Finance, Real Estate, Urban Planning and Development, Economics).
- Some experience in Commercial Real Estate Industry is an asset.
- Excellent financial analysis skills, including ability to review and understand corporate financial statements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including a strong understanding in Excel.
- Experience utilizing Business Intelligence tools (eg. Power BI, Tableau) is an asset.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team setting required.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a rapidly changing environment with shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Willingness and ability to travel intermittently across Canada as required (~5-10% of your time will be out of office).
|Edmonton, AB||Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)||Financial Analysis : 1 year (Preferred)|
Business Intelligence tools (eg. Power BI, Tableau) : 2 years (Preferred)
Commercial Real Estate Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Preferred)