About Canada ICI
Canada ICI was founded in Edmonton over 25 years ago, with the vision of becoming Canada’s leading commercial real estate financing firm. Since day one, our goal has remained the same. We pursue market-leading outcomes for Borrowers and Investors through a range of real estate debt solutions across the risk-return spectrum. A trusted partner in Canadian commercial real estate, we create long-term alignment with borrowers and mortgage investors to provide accretive results under one roof. As an integrated platform, Canada ICI is uniquely positioned to bring top-quality commercial mortgage opportunities to borrowers and lenders across Canada.
Why work with us?
Working at Canada ICI gives you the opportunity to positively impact your community. We’re constantly adding to our team of talented, hardworking individuals who are passionate about redefining commercial real estate in Canada. Our company includes a dynamic team of talented financial analysts immersed in the transactions that drive our markets. Our environment is fast-paced, innovative, progressive and highly collaborative.
With five offices across the country, not only are we passionate about building Canada’s real estate future, we’re passionate about developing leaders. Our company operates on three core business principles: expertise, acumen, and integrity. These principles drive our company culture and our service-centric approach to business.
We currently have a full-time, permanent position for a:
Located in Edmonton, and reporting to the Manager, Mortgage Funding, the Documentation Coordinator will work with an extensive portfolio of commercial, multi-family residential and industrial real estate properties across Canada. You will gain and utilize knowledge of the commercial mortgage industry, conditions management, regulatory compliance, and sound decision-making skills to fund mortgages which have been originated through our broker network. To be successful in this demanding role, you must be extremely organized with a high level of attention to detail, the ability to multi-task under strict time constraints. Please note that the internal title for this position is Mortgage Funding Administrator.
- Receive and review of a wide variety of mortgage loan-related documentation
- Comparison and analysis of documentation received, against agreed-to terms contained in documentation such as a commitment letter
- Liaise with Brokers, Borrowers and Investors to ensure that all supporting documents and pre-funding conditions have been received and satisfied prior to advancing funds
- Instruct and liaise with third party partners including but not limited to; Insurance Consultants, Solicitors, and Quantity Surveyors
- Review draft and final legal documents.
- Coordinate and manage all Anti-Money Laundering (AML) documents.
- Coordinate closing process with the applicable investor, ensuring that all investor requirements have been met and investor approval has been received.
- Coordinate loan funding with credit and servicing departments.
- Coordinate locking of the interest rate, ensuring that all pre-rate lock conditions have been satisfied and investor requirements regarding timing of rate lock are met.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, legal, ethical, privacy and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain funding status on in-house database system.
- Conduct post funding reviews and resolve open post-funding issues as directed.
Education and Skills
- Degree or diploma in Business, Office Administration or equivalent is preferred
- Fluency in French is considered an asset, but not a requirement
- Proven ability to read, analyze and understand complex documentation
- Demonstrated strength in critical thinking and problem solving
- Proven communication skills, both verbal & written, including the ability to challenge others with diplomacy and tact when appropriate
- Proven ability to maintain a low error rate under high work volume and short deadlines, using time management skills and a high level of detail orientation
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to brokers, solicitors and investors
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt in a high-change environment while maintaining a high level of quality in your work
- High level of self-motivation, with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a tight-knit team, including the ability and willingness to take direction when necessary
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requests under pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.