This role entails working directly with a single high-performing Director of Mortgage Origination, to support them with execution of commercial mortgage financing on numerous deals. This role will be based in Calgary and will have a compensation structure comprised of a base salary and commission.
Evaluate new loan opportunities
- Work closely with the Mortgage Originator in structuring and analysing mortgage opportunities based on the investment criteria of over 100 sources of mortgage capital available to Canada ICI.
- Evaluate the quality of the mortgage investment through analysis of operating statements, rent rolls, financial statements, market data, third party engineering reports, and appraisals.
- Prepare proformas, cash flow models, and project specific underwriting.
- Create letter of engagement for financing based on analysis above.
- Liaise with the borrower to gather all the documents required for the loan submission
- Review of the Mortgage Investment Brochure completed by the analyst team to ensure accuracy and reinforce underwriting standards and procedures
- Assist Mortgage Originator with marketing efforts by identifying capital sources which fit best for the loan requirements and keeping salient business terms documented and organized
Loan Approval Process
- Liaise with borrower, lender and third parties to obtain commitment letters
- Liaise with CMHC to obtain CMHC approval
- Review all third-party reports to ensure consistency in mortgage application (appraisals, BCA’s, Environmental, etc.)
- Review commitment letters relative to executed Term Sheets/Letters of Intent for the Mortgage Originator
Funding & Loan Draws
- Work with the analyst team to oversee the funding process
- Liaise between Borrowers and Lenders to help close the deal.
- Work with cost consultants for budget review and loan draws.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Major in Finance, Economics or Math);
- Minimum 2+ years full-time professional experience in a finance or accounting role
- Experience in the Commercial Real Estate Industry is required
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate Finance is an asset
- Licensed as a mortgage associate under the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) or willing to get licensed
- Strong understanding of basic finance modeling, including rates of return, IRR, NPV, and cash flow modeling.
- Expert level of knowledge in Excel required to include formulas, pivot tables, charting, etc.
- Excellent financial analysis research and underwriting skills.
- Clear understanding of cash flow statements, preparation and analysis.
- Customer and solutions-focused, driven and self-motivated to succeed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to explain complex information to non-expert audiences
- Interest and aptitude to communicate effectively with both external and internal stakeholders
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success working both individually and as part of a team
Please note that this is a position that will provide competitive base salary and commission based on experience and qualifications of the candidate.
- Commission pay
|Edmonton, AB||Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)||Financial Analysis : 1 year (Preferred)|
Business Intelligence tools (eg. Power BI, Tableau) : 2 years (Preferred)
Commercial Real Estate Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Preferred)