Mortgage Funding Administrator
About Canada ICI
Canada ICI was founded in Edmonton over 25 years ago, with the vision of becoming Canada’s leading commercial real estate financing firm. Bringing together legendary combinations of borrowers and lenders to finance many of Canada’s most iconic commercial developments, the team across Canada uses deep experience, analytics, creativity and perseverance to get deals done!
Why work with us?
Have you ever looked at a new or existing commercial building, like a condominium, an office tower or a shopping mall, and wondered where the funding comes from to make those projects happen?
We may work with large sums of money, but we aren’t a bank! We provide unlimited potential to develop your analytical skill set in the evaluation of every possible commercial real estate transaction that exists. You will collaborate directly with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure you are helping the team provide the industries’ best financial services offering.
Do you love a challenge? Do you want to be a part of something much bigger than yourself, with the opportunity to take your career wherever you’d like? Our company includes a dynamic team of talented professionals immersed in the transactions that drive our markets. Our environment is fast-paced, innovative and highly collaborative- but we know we can always be improving; which is why we want to talk to you!
We are focused on providing best-in-class service. Period.
We perform our work with integrity, accuracy and push for excellence in everything that we do. Accountability is a core value since our inception. We recognize the importance and the benefits of a great workplace where we are free to express ourselves, with the opportunity to be heard and contribute. We rely on our employees to innovate and contribute to refining all of our business processes.
While you will work in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment, having fun is another core value at Canada ICI. We are committed to our workplace environment through various social events and team excursions which enables us to achieve more together than we can individually.
If you work well on a team, can commit to working hard, and want a position in the center of market activity, Canada ICI would like to speak with you.
We currently have a permanent, full-time position for a:
Mortgage Funding Administrator
Located in the Edmonton, and reporting to the Manager, Mortgage Funding, the Mortgage Funding Administrator will work with an extensive portfolio of commercial, multi-family residential and industrial real estate properties across Canada. You will gain and utilize knowledge of the commercial mortgage industry, conditions management, regulatory compliance, and sound decision-making skills to fund mortgages which have been originated through our broker network. To be successful in this demanding role, you must be extremely organized with a high level of attention to detail, the ability to multi-task under strict time constraints.
Education and Skills
- Degree or diploma in Business, Office Administration or equivalent is preferred
- Fluency in the French language is considered an asset, but not a requirement
- Proven ability to read, analyze and understand complex documentation
- Demonstrated strength in critical thinking and problem solving
- Proven communication skills, both verbal & written, including the ability to challenge others with diplomacy and tact when appropriate
- Proven ability to maintain a low error rate under high work volume and short deadlines, using time management skills and a high level of detail orientation
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to brokers, solicitors and investors
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt in a high-change environment while maintaining a high level of quality in your work
- High level of self-motivation, with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a tight-knit team, including the ability and willingness to take direction when necessary
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requests under pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Receipt and review of a wide variety of mortgage loan-related documentation
- Comparison and analysis of documentation received, against agreed-to terms contained in documentation such as a commitment letter
- Liaise with Brokers, Borrowers and Investors to ensure that all supporting documents and pre-funding conditions have been received and satisfied prior to advancing funds
- Instruct and liaise with third party partners including but not limited to; Insurance Consultants, Solicitors, and Quantity Surveyors
- Review draft and final legal documents.
- Coordinate and manage all Anti-Money Laundering (AML) documents.
- Coordinate closing process with the applicable investor, ensuring that all investor requirements have been met and investor approval has been received.
- Coordinate loan funding with credit and servicing departments.
- Coordinate locking of the interest rate, ensuring that all pre-rate lock conditions have been satisfied and investor requirements regarding timing of rate lock are met.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, legal, ethical, privacy and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain funding status on in-house database system.
- Conduct post funding reviews and resolve open post-funding issues as directed.
|Edmonton, AB||Mortgage/Loan documentation: 1 year (preferred)|
Mortgage/Real Estate Industry: 1 year (preferred)