Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Located in the heart of downtown Edmonton and reporting to the Managing Partner you will train analysts, develop and refine processes and templates for underwriting, develop and deliver training programs and materials for both analysts and origination team members, and provide leadership and assistance to analysts in the underwriting and execution of projects as needed. You will also assist in facilitating the funding, execution and ongoing management of committed loans.
Assist Mortgage Origination team in structuring mortgage opportunities based on the investment criteria of over 100 sources of mortgage capital available to Canada ICI
- Finalize and perfect information in location specific mortgage investment brochures
- Review commitment letters relative to executed Term Sheets/Letters of Intent for the Mortgage Origination team, the Lender and the Lender’s solicitor
- Work with the Mortgage Origination team to manage and coordinate the funding process
- Liaise between Borrowers and Lenders to process the closing of the deal
- Establish relationships with third party report providers (appraisers, engineers, cost consultants)
- Establish and reinforce underwriting standards and procedures
- Provide underwriting on complex, non-typical files
- Post secondary degree in Commerce, Finance or similar area of focus; MBA would be an asset
- Knowledge and Experience in the Real Estate and/or Finance industries is required
- Proven financial analysis, research and underwriting skills
- Clear understanding of cash flow statements, valuation, preparation and analysis
- Demonstrated strength in both written and oral communication
- Customer and solutions-focused, driven and self-motivated to succeed
- Interest and aptitude to communicate effectively with both external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent market research skills coupled with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to explain complex information to non-expert audiences
- Expert level of knowledge in Excel required to include formulas, pivot tables etc.
- Demonstrated success working both individually and as part of a team
- Adobe InDesign software experience valuable
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.